Took my father's cab there, reached school super early. I was supposed to meet her at 6.30am but reached at around 6.05am. :P My father still waited with me till ard 6.20am.
Some organisms that I observed from 7am to 10am:-
1. Yellow-vented bulbul (there was quite a number of them, managed to catch a glimpse of one of them feeding on the Simpoh Air's seeds)
2. Scarlet-backed flowerpecker (only managed to spot one of the male cleaning himself on the leaves of Simpoh Air- the males have the prominent red colouration from the hair to the tail.) They are known to be one of the smallest bird, weigh about less than 5grams, even smaller than the olive-backed sunbird.
3. Striped-tit babbler (according to hen, this is the 1st time she seen it!)
4. Olived-backed sun bird, seen from very far so not too sure, but it has a long curved beak and keep fluttering its wing.
5. Brahminy Kite
6. White-bellied Sea Eagle
7. White cockatoo
8. Swifts or swiftlets
9. White-Vented Mynas & Common Mynas (Din really take note which types r present)
10. House Crow
11. Green-crested lizard (was doing push-ups)
12. Some brown draco
13. Brown Draco with orange-red throat
14. Carpenter bees (Busy pollinating the flowers)
15. Many different kinds of butterflies/moths
I think that's all I remembered. :P I really had an enjoyable time watching the behaviour of the organisms.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment